Your personal information is important to us.
Collecting personal information about you.
Whenever you visit our site, our servers automatically record information about your usage of the Network such as the time of the visit, its duration and the pages which you visit. This is intended to help us to understand what parts of our Network our users enjoy the most, and to help us to ensure that any advertising is most directly relevant to your interests. The information we collect about you remains anonymous, and we do not link it to any other personal information.
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address and any special delivery instructions and phone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
- Hypec is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Web site, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
Any further collection of your personal information than that explained above will only occur with consent from you. Hypec collects information from your use of our Network. We do not collect information about you from other organizations or from websites outside the Network that you may visit.
Your computer will only store a maximum of 2kb of cookies. They are deleted on a first in first out basis. No other company has access to our cookies.
Using and disclosing your personal information.
Hypec will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, or access your communications on our websites, unless:
- Required by law.
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested.
We will not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent.
Storage and security of your personal information.
Hypec will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected a controlled location.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Hypec. However, Hypec will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Hypec website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
Hypec and links to other websites.
Hypec provides links to websites outside of the Network, as well as to third party Network sites. These linked sites are not under the control of Hypec, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using their websites.
What to do if you have a problem or question.
In the event there is a major change to Hypec’s privacy practices, a prominent notice will be posted on our web site.
Further information on privacy.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website. www.privacy.gov.au